Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday memories

I have been sorting more photos to put into one of my heritage albums and ran across these.
This first photo is of my grandparents around the time of their marriage in the early '30s.
I love how he is leaning in to hear what she has to say.
I found a few photos of their parties. They must have frequently had friends over to their basement for get togethers. I love this because they are dancing-guys in suits and women in heels. Would this happen today??!! Grandpa is the bartender- I also love seeing the decor for then. I think this would be more like the 50's. That lace tablecloth...I still have it!
The next picture...
I never heard the story for...
have no idea if this was a dare...
or if she had one to many...
but this is not the size she was...
I vaguely remember hearing something
about balloons...
Must have been a ggggooooddddd party!!

1 comment:

###### said...

HI..thanks for stopping by my blog. I am sooooo glad I "know" of someone else that has the daylight bulbs. Arent they just fab in color..I was not expecting that color when I screwed them in.

thanks for stopping by...