Thursday, June 3, 2010

the Weather

Today we had our longest period of dry weather in quite awile. I kept saying to myself that I should go out and mow and I actually avoided it until about 3pm...but then I looked out and saw how tall the grass was and gave in. Some places I had to mow twice because the first pass just layed the grass down under the tires.

Then like " When you give a mouse a cookie..." I saw the cedar tree needed trimming. So I got out the trimmer like this one-
and set to work. I'm sure what little I did will cause me to be sore and I know I didn't do it the correct way-but it is better. I saw this little baby online-
maybe I need to see if we can rent one! or better yet pay someone else to do it the correct way...any suggestions??

By the time I got most of the trimming done but not picked up-I had moved onto weeding and then the rain started...
as I write-it is pouring outside. Gary is out with Dr. Nick perusing the art galleries in Portland for their monthly "First Thursday" event. Hope he remembered his umbrella...

1 comment:

annaliese said...

hee hee hee. love the 'give a mouse a cookie' comment. I am SO like that! distractions! ;) and then pretty soon every project in the house is out and nothing is finished--oops!

I may steal this idea for a future blog...or I may get distracted and forget that I was going to... ;)

thanks for stopping by...