But we always have dinner! It is great because I get to try new recipes out on more than just the two of us...
Now the next part of this story is about Gary. He used to cook but lost the ability about 30 years
ago- when he walked down the aisle at our wedding. But he still likes to watch cooking shows. And his favorite if you ask is Just cook this with Sam. He says that he imagines he could actually attempt to cook some of this guys recipes. Besides, we both find the unscripted show pretty funny.
On Friday last (sounds better than last Friday!) I made Sam's Spicy-ish Sausage Pasta.
Here is the recipe if you want it...it was yummy and very easy!
Spicy-ish Sausage Pasta
serves 6 (more!!)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage (casings removed) I used bulk italian sausage-not really spicy
- 4 cloves garlic-I used garlic powder
- 3 T. butter or not so much, your preference
- 1 C. whipping cream-couldn't do it, used half and half
- 1/2 C. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in medium hot pan, add sausage and break apart to crumble
- Cook until no longer pink and stir in garlic-cook another 1-2 min.
- Add cream-simmer on low about 10 min.
- While it cooks, add pasta to boiling water-when pasta is ready so is sausage
- Drain pasta and add to sausage
- Add butter & Parmesan & parsley-mix well
- Sprinkle with a little more cheese of course and serve