Friday, February 4, 2011

a disease...

I've been looking for the joy and zest for life that I had back when I was this little girl. It is often said that our little child is just trying to get free from a life of busyness...I stumbled across a blog this morning that finally puts into words what I am finally realizing. As I do the work in my Brave Girls group I am coming to terms with what I call "the voices" in my head. I could probably go schizophrenic they are so loud at times. This blog is written by a man! I had no idea men could feel/think the same kinds of things that I do...here is a bit of what he wrote-
"Perfection" infects every corner of society. It infects our schools. It infects neighborhoods. It infects our workplaces. This is not to say that there aren't a lot of genuinely, happy people. I am one of those people. Most of the time. There is nothing more beautiful than a person finding true happiness in who they are and what they believe. No, this is not me trying to diminish the happiness in others. This is merely me pathetically attempting to put a face on a problem that I see everywhere but few people ever notice.
That is exactly what I'm working on-finding true happiness in who I am...if you want to read more then go to this blog.

I'm off to leave a comment for him.

No comments:

thanks for stopping by...