Monday, January 10, 2011

An epiphany

EPIPHANY
a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

The biblical Epiphany fell this year on December 6. My epiphany came about on the next day...
You see, after all the decorating and baking and cooking and visiting and close to a month of just surface cleaning - my house felt like a pit. Well I don't actually know what my house felt like- but I felt like it was d.i.r.t.y. With all the stuff out on every surface I couldn't really dust,etc.

On Friday, after baking 8 dozen cupcakes for Magenta- these times 24...

and organizing my dad's birthday party I set up a plan. A plan to get the rest of the Christmas stuff organized and stored away for another year. To clean and scrub and put up the everyday decor again. As of about 7 pm that is DONE.

Then I looked at the back room closet that has had stuff shoved into it over the last few months. Not enough shelves have led to disaster. So off to Costco we went for a shelving unit and boxes.
I'll take before and afters tomorrow of the project. It will be so good to get that accomplished.

The online class I signed up for with Brave Girls Club begins tomorrow so I'll probably have updates to share from that in the next few weeks. It's called "Soul restoration" and should be a great way to begin the new year!

My dear friend who is renting my dad's apartment will be moving in this weekend and I have a few treats up my sleeve for that to share too.

No comments:

thanks for stopping by...