Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ex-haus-tion Pt. 2

WARNING...really long post....
I should preface to say that it was my birthday weekend. Yes, at the Canazzi's we celebrate for more than one day. Also, for the last 15 years I have been planning my birthday parties. Really it is just a good reason to have friends get together. Here we are at the very first one in 1994 at the beach...
On Friday...
I made some treats to share for the weekend activities. These are rice krispie pops-basically rice krispie treats shaped into balls, stick inserted, dipped in coating and sprinkles. I also did marshmallows in the same treatment...
My chalkboard message from Amy (DD)... Gary painted my metal chair and stool after having them sand blasted...
Oh and the house needed to be cleaned...
The end of day one...
Then on Saturday I had my "friends" party-they all met me at the Academy in Vancouver and were treated to a photo shoot by my Professional Photographer husband. Some greeted this news better than others. I didn't tell them ahead of time so they couldn't opt out...

We did individuals of each gal and then a few group shots and then different groupings for a cute frame I had purchased. In this photo they are telling stories about how they met me-some are kinda embarrassing for me but they all thought they were funny...

Me-Laurie-Vicki-Tracy-June-Judith-Janene-Teri...

Fred Meyer, 1/2 off the marked down price...couldn't pass it up...
Then we headed to Saturday Market here in town to shop. Here is a photo of me with the balloon hat June bought me. But it was windy so I couldn't wear it-oh darn!

This lady had the coolest magnetic clasp bracelets mad with jewels, but at $52 I couldn't get one...

We then headed back to my house for sack lunches. It was kinda cold and windy, but we had decorated the porch so I made them all sit outside. By the time we were done, Gary had the best images processed and ready for us all to have our very own CD. What a guy!!
Naps for Gary and I were next on the agenda. I didn't sleep well the night before because of the anticipation...

Later we did an engagement shoot for some friends. Corey has been a friend of Nick's (DS) for years and Lauren has been a friend to Gabriele (DS love). We offered them this shoot and prints for their wedding present. Had a lot of fun but took more than the hour we estimated. They got engaged and are getting married at our church's Westside location, so we headed there to start. Then drove down the road a bit to one of our favorite locations.
Dinner out with my free coupon...
The end of day 2...
On Sunday we picked DD up and headed out for lunch and shopping. We tried a new restaurant in Portland called The Grilled Cheese Grill.
This place is so cute and has an outdoor eating eating area as well as indoor inside an old bus. They are painting a mural on the ceiling of the bus that is fantastic.
Then to Stars in the Milwaukee area for some antiquing. Love these stores-lots of vendors inside two roofs so you get a lot of variety.
We then drove around looking at houses and yards for ideas, etc. DD liked the porch railing on this one.
Dinner back at the house was barbecue-here are my dad and Karl (DSIL) getting the burgers on.
oh and fruit salad made by DS and his love-
burger fixins-

After dinner, Amy, Nick and Gabriele played games with me. Pictionary and Scattergories-
The end of day 3...
On Monday morning I helped Gary put up part of a fence and then DS came over to help. Gabriele had homework to do. She is in her first semester of nursing school-so very proud of her!
I painted a little picket fence DD was tossing out to corral my daisies...
The almost finished fence, still have a bit of securing to do...
There will soon be a little covered sitting area in front of it for my wicker chairs-part of my Mother's Day/Birthday gift from my family.
The end of day 3...
So now you see why we were both exhausted!! Oh and I am an introvert by nature-that means I "recharge" by being alone. So that is what I did Monday...recharged.
Today, I am doing some laundry, bookkeeping, photo work, teaching my student about making earrings, blogging, exercising and having grilled pork chops for dinner. Gary will be gone this evening so I will either read a book or watch TV. I will need it by then!

1 comment:

annaliese said...

wow! WOW! what a busy, lovely three days! so glad you were super spoiled for your birthday :)

thanks for stopping by...