Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New hair cut and some thoughts

Short, sassy and wispy...

It is so sad to me that in this day and age the girls haven't progressed much in body image issues. I have been thinking about body image for years. Surprisingly I don't feel like the size I am. What I mean is, that I don't feel plus size except when I enter a fitting room. I am still sorta surprised when I get on a scale that I see the number I do. This is decidedly a good problem to have, I can't imagine I'll feel fat when I'm not. It would be amazing if we all just strived to be healthy in our thoughts, actions and body. That is what I am going to work on. I had someone ask me what my goal weight would be for the wedding which is in July. I said "smaller than I am now." I don't feel like I am not going to try hard, just that if I set a number and don't reach it, I will most likely feel like a failure. We all know it is more than the numbers on the scale that led some of us to gain weight. Little steps will lead me/us to great victory!

No comments:

thanks for stopping by...