Tuesday, July 5, 2011

and now it's July?!

It has been a busy few weeks for me. A few girlfriends and I are meeting each week to discuss our lessons as part of Brave Girls-Soul Restoration 2. This session will take us through making goals and then decided what tiny steps we need to achieve them. It is a bit scary for me because it will take me out of my comfort zone for sure! The first step was setting up a notebook where I will record all that I will discovering-sorta like art journaling. I love Mod Podge...

I've been doing some other crafts too. I have been doing a bunch of scrapbooking. I was pretty excited today when I finished 2009-only to come across some more pictures that needed to be fit in. When I went to the computer to see where they should be added, I found a few more events that needed to be added. I am determined to get them in the book and move onto 2010 tomorrow. 2010 was way fun, with our 30th anniversary and my 50th birthday. Also a bridal shower and wedding. It will be so fun putting that book together!

I saw a representation like this online and then found white canvas' with black borders at Michaels for 80 cents, so I went with them. I glued on some lettering I had and then proceeded to try to spray them white. A whole can later-I decided my paint was weird and went with gray. They look sorta cool gray on my gray bathroom walls.
I don't know if I am allowed to talk about the reasoning behind this next one. It's almost midnight so I better not call....Anyway, some good friends of ours bought a house downtown and their final move in was Saturday. I made this sign and Gary set it on their car Sunday morning. Hey-I just realized I left out the word "new" on the sign...
This last item isn't a craft per se but baking. Our lovely neighbors put on a great show of fireworks each year that we watch from our driveway. So as a sort of thanks, this year I baked them some "corn dogs"...as in cookies.

No comments:

thanks for stopping by...