Saturday, October 29, 2011

About Friday

This is what we did Friday night-it was so much fun. We went to the early part too where it was just Steven sitting at a microphone with his guitar. He sang requests, took questions and told stories about some of the songs he had written.
We didn't realize that Josh Wilson and Andrew Peterson were touring with him. That most assuredly was a pleasant surprise! There were more stories through out the night which makes hearing the songs so fun because you know the whys behind them.

Gary even bought the new CD's of each of them that they had available for only $10 ea. So now I get to relive the date over and over again!

Of all the songs sung last night, even including Cinderella, the song that brought me to tears and got me nudges from my sweetie was a song that Steven wrote for his then 11 year old daughter. I have been on a journey of self discovery this year and this song touched the 11 year old in me that never got past feeling "good enough".

The computer is not letting me load the video but I have posted it on my facebook page if you would like to see/hear it. It's not a SCC video but one someone made with the lyrics that so touched me.

No comments:

thanks for stopping by...