Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday memories

I remember as a child the rows of halloween costumes available in the stores. I don't remember one hanging up but I do recall packages of them. With lovely plastic faces. Do they even still make those? I also recall that in October the decor in stores was all pumpkins, etc. November was mostly scarecrows and pictures of yummies to eat. About the middle of November we would start seeing Christmas decor in the stores and the Sears "Wish catalog" would appear which we would pour over everyday and mark what we liked best. Never mind that for most of my life my mom was a single parent and would go to the big Montgomery Park in Portland the week before Christmas to get the best bargains...

Now though---well, look what these pumpkin baskets and I spied as I turned the corner at Target in the Halloween section....
*
*
*

CHRISTMAS!!! Before Halloween...and I want to know just who needs a lit up pink flamingo with a Santa hat in their yard???

It is beyond me but since it is in the store I needed to look-
I can't decide which I like better- cute or shiny? So my solution is to alternate...I have cute one Christmas and shiny another. Although, I liked my new decor last year so much I will probably put it up again this year.
Gary would probably think these jammies are just a bit "too" festive for me to wear!

And Christmas music...
more shiny...
and pointy shiny...
Hope I didn't sound too OLD relating back to when I was a kid !!??!!

2 comments:

annaliese said...

well, I remember the plastic faces--and I don't think I'M old--so, not, you're not either :)

I agree with you on the Christmas stuff up before Halloween--that definitely keeps getting earlier!

Amy said...

Love the shiny trees. And the pjs. Wish the flamingo was much bigger because it would be perfect for the tacky Christmas lawn decor I need for the play. :)

thanks for stopping by...