Monday, April 14, 2008

So much stuff

So much stuff stuffed in corners of my dad's lower level aka basement. My dad's sister used to use this area when she stayed a few weeks at a time with my dad. Yesterday we all went over to start the clearing phase of getting the area ready for Nick to move in. We found bags of bags and tons of empty jars. Disposable glasses that had been washed and put back in the cupboards. Pasta sauce my mom froze in '97. Boxes of flattened boxes and remnants of mice...which totally freaked Amy out. We took down calendar pages which had been up as "art". Blue curtains from when my gran moved in at the beginning of the 90's came down and were put away. The windows already had mini blinds so the curtains were extra. Moved things around on the shelves in the storage area so there would be a few extra shelves. Took a lot of talk to try to get my dad to understand why we wanted to paint. I don't think we convinced him and the color we picked up looks like "baby poop" not exactly the wording he used. Change is hard but even though Nick won't be paying a lot to stay there, I think he deserves a fresh space and it hasn't been painted since gran moved in. Amy would say it hasn't been cleaned since gran died in '94 either! So this will take a lot of my time until the start of June when he plans to move in.

Of course the next few weeks I will be focusing on the box office for Magenta's current production and then I have a few days of filling in for a friend at her shop while she is out of town. We have a few people calling for senior portraits before graduation too. We jokingly ask ourselves " didn't they know it was coming up?!"

So until next time, enjoy what you are doing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All that sounds like a lot of work to me. Is Nick going to live in the whole basement or just one of the rooms? Baby poop? I have experience with this but I can't decide if you mean the green or the brown variety? Have fun :)

thanks for stopping by...